London: For the Proprietor Samuel Curtis, 1840. First Edition. A quantity of 6 hand-colored engravings, matted, stained at the tape hinges in the upper margins (SEE IMAGES), each print with accompanying descriptive text loosely laid in (some foxing as commonly), pl. 3769 matte with staining to left margin, not affecting print. With defects as described, and priced accordingly. Very good. Item #3449
Attractive collection of hand-colored engraved prints from the famed "Curtis's Botanical Magazine," vol. 66 (1840).
CONTENTS OF THE COLLECTION:
1. Hakea dactyloides. Finger-Leaved Hakea (pl. 3760).
2. Oenothera Bifrons. Heart-Leaved Evening-Primrose (3764) <-- discovered in Texas.
3. Lasiandra Petiolata. Petiolated Lasiandra (pl. 3766).
4. Coelogyne ocellata. Eyeletted Coelogyne (pl. 3767).
5. Cereus Martianus. Von Martius' Cereus (pl. 3768).
6. Aristolochia Caudata. Livid-Flowered Birth-Wort (pl. 3769).